Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ugly Sweater

I can't find a Christmas sweater! Whitney, if you happen to read this and wouldn't mind knitting a holiday themed, somewhat classy and warm pull over, I would really appreciate it. I searched high and low last night - Gabby's stomping grounds in Cambridge, Garment District (it was closed), TJ-Maxx - needed fresh white T's too - but can't find a sweater anywhere. AHH!

This is a good outlet for me to vent a little bit regarding next week, although I'm sure I'll bring it up again come Tuesday. My favorite, JB, is away all week :( This is the saddest I've been since Hazel told us that she doesn't work on Monday's. How's that for brown-nosing? Anyway, moral of the story - I'm going to miss JB this week.

Sports fans out there, the NHL's annual Winter Classic pits rivals Pittsburgh and Washington against each other in what has become the most exciting battle over the last few years. Young studs Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin are the faces of the league and are immense talents who we all hope will stay healthy for years to come and ignite new passion in hockey viewers and ultimately revive the sport (which they already have done to an extent). HBO features a program called 24/7 in which they provide exceptional background access into practices, travel, games, family lives etc., in the weeks leading up to their New Years' day clash at Heinz Field in the 'Burgh. Check it out if you have a chance, Wednesday nights I believe but there are re-runs all the time.


Thoughts on Steve Yzerman - one of my top two favorite hockey players of all time (Mario Lemieux is the other). I've always thought he is a great looking guy. Good looking wife, three daughters so definitely a solid family man. Played for Detroit his entire career, which is the quality I respect most in athletes. He came into the league (top picture) as an incredible young talent who produced points with the elite of the NHL, but ultimately the Red Wings produced great seasons, but no playoff success for nearly a decade. He transformed his play into a more leader-esque style (he was named captain at age 21 - his second season) and watched his personal production taper, but brought the team to dynastic status, which they still embrace today - 15 years running.

No comments:

Post a Comment